The Student News Site of Xaverian College

Xavazine

Xavazine

Xavazine

Welcome to SNO: A video introduction
March 14, 2022

Aaron Alamo – idealistic teenager with a gritty world view

Rarely does an eloquent, committed student with dreams of being a commercial pilot come with such a pure heart. Meet Aaron Alamo, a family-oriented individual with a gritty worldview who defies expectations with every answer. Through this interview, I found our shared love of nature and that sour soup really does exist, who would’ve guessed? More surprises are in store below. Have fun. 

Where is your quiet place that you go to relax? 

Most likely at a beach or another location with lots of vegetation, or on so-called nature excursions.

What languages do you speak? 

In addition to speaking English and Bisaya, which is the language of the northern Philippines, fluently, I am also proficient in Tagalog, which is the national language of the country.

What would you like to change about your school or college? What do you like best about it? 

Above all, I appreciate the people in my immediate vicinity and the educators who truly care about mentoring and instructing their students. I also appreciate the supportive educators who will follow the crowd and participate in student-organized events. However, we are also unable to carry that out without the appropriate regard and consent from our educators and administrators. 

What is your favourite subject at school or college and why? 

I have no preference because I find pleasure in studying all of them. For this reason, I am putting a lot of effort into securing a better future for my family as well as for myself. In the years to come, when I will have the chance to work and provide them with the life they deserve, I don’t want to watch them suffer.’ 

What is your dream job? 

I had always wanted to work as a commercial airline pilot. As I approach my senior year of high school, I am committed to becoming a part of the Philippine Aeronautical School. 

What’s your favourite TV show and why? 

Since I read news articles and other content more frequently, I don’t have any favourite TV series.’

If you could have dinner with any one celebrity, who would you choose? 

Chris Brown would be my choice because he is my musical and dancing idol.

What is the best thing about being a teenager in your country? 

There were good and exciting aspects to growing up in the Philippines, but there were drawbacks as well. Some of the teenagers here are more focused on wanting to start a family than they are on obtaining a degree in order to better themselves. Thus, a portion of them live in poverty and experience scarcity. Furthermore, the number of teenage pregnancies is still rising.

What is your favourite food? 

My favourite dish is called “Sinigang” in the Philippines; it’s a flavourful, sour soup with lots of vegetables and either beef or pork.

If you could have one superpower, what would it be? 

Being able to play every instrument would be a strength.’ 

What country would you like to visit and why? 

The one place I would really like to visit is Korea. due to the influence of skin care products and technology. In addition, the sale of bass guitars and motorbikes in Japan is another reason I want to visit.’

If you could only take one thing on a desert island, what would you take? 

Since a machete can cut through objects and perform simple tasks, I would bring one with me in order to survive.’

Ultimately, I regret to be the one to inform Aaron thought that according to superpower wiki his power has the disappointing name of musical instrument manipulation (a bit clunky really). Thankfully, interviewing Aaron has been the epitome of interesting and unique. Hopefully, in the future, we will have another chance to chat in much more detail about anything and everything over a bowl of Sinigang.