The Student News Site of Xaverian College

Xavazine

Xavazine

Xavazine

Welcome to SNO: A video introduction
March 14, 2022

Danielle M. Burgaring, part of a country that’s changing for the better

Danielle M. Bugaring, a student at Paaralang Sekundarya ng Lucban Integrated School, was born in the Philippines and has Ilocano and Bisayan ancestry. Speaking both Tagalog and English, Danielle is attracted by Spain’s beauty. With a wide range of intriguing ambitions, Danielle is particularly passionate about Earth science and he’s undertaking multiple subjects which helps him to become the great academic achiever he aims to be.

What’s your favourite subject at school/college and why? What would you like to change about your school?

Personally I am invested on Earth Science thanks to my Earth Science teacher (Mr. Claridades) who gave us the freedom to do our passion at the same time our efforts are validated. Earth Science provided me a wide perspective to see how we should invest more time on examining our planet earth and how we should invest more time on preserving our mother nature. I hope some teachers should be like Mr. Claridades that encourages students to showcase their talents on their academic performance.

What is your dream job?

Ever since I was a child, I always dreamed of becoming an engineer so now that I’m one step away to becoming college, I wanted to pursue Civil Engineering.

What is the best thing about being a teenager in your country?

The best thing that happens most of the teenagers here in the Philippines is that we’re appreciated by our generation nowadays, they tend to rely on our capabilities to change for the better and turn our country a beacon of hope for future generations. As a teenager, this made me feel validated and appreciated.

What languages do you speak?

A: I am half-Ilocano, half-Bisaya but I am native to speak only English and Tagalog.

What country would you like to visit and why?

I’m excited to visit the historical country, Spain. I wanted to visit Spain because of their amazing infrastructures that easily caught my attention when I am learning about the country. Another reason behind is the relationship of the Philippines and Spain, and their similarities for food, culture and tradition since the Spaniards have colonized our country for 333 years that marked our culture and tradition same as them.

What is your favourite food?

I always loved my mother’s own recipe of Giniling (A Filippino dish made with ground pork and potatoes).

What’s your favourite TV show and why?

Currently I am fond of watching “Young Sheldon” at Netflix due to the fact everything that Sheldon experiences related to how my situation is. Being an academic achiever puts me a lot of pressure and many people are expecting me to be an honor student, but this is not the on thing we have in common. It’s being a perfectionist, I tend to be more conscious about how things are perfect and should be perfect.

Where is your quiet place that you go to relax?

The Bypass Road near our house.

If you could only take one thing on a desert island what would you take?

Shells, ever since I was a child I always collected shells near the shore to be brought home and decorate it.

If you could have dinner with any one celebrity, who would you choose?

I would love to have a date with the Thai Actor, Bright Vachirawit.

If you could have one superpower what would it be?

If I could have that one superpower, it would be having the ability to understand animals, I’ve always wanted to have a normal conversation on them and understand what does it feel to be like them.

View Comments (1)
Donate to Xavazine

Your donation will support the student journalists of Xaverian College. Your contribution will allow us to purchase equipment and cover our annual website hosting costs.