The Student News Site of Xaverian College

Xavazine

Xavazine

Xavazine

Welcome to SNO: A video introduction
March 14, 2022

Falafel Friday 15.3.24

TFIFF – Thank F**k It’s Falafel Friday. After a week of false spring, the rain has returned and as have we with a new instalment of Falafel Friday this week venturing to Dream Restaurant. Neighbouring a previously rated and high scored establishment, Today Restaurant, we entered hopeful for a meal that would transcend our wildest dreams.

While relatively tucked away on the mile, the restaurant’s open plan space was inviting and as were the staff who attended our needs and were friendly and accommodating. Offering up one of our lowest prices yet, £3.00, it’s fair to say new standards are being set and this would go on to be proven right as we later took our first bite and delved into the range of toppings. This week’s falafel was noticeably the spiciest yet which was very much welcomed although IBS sufferers beware… Dream Restaurant offered up some potentially rogue yet certainly unique toppings with the option of batata harra, potatoes mixed in with a delicious spice blend, and the more divisive addition of coriander. Now, while this may seem nuanced and trivial to the average consumer, such outstanding characteristics are exactly what we falafel fanatics look for, and plus it tastes fabulous.

In perhaps the biggest shock of this series so far, Dream Restaurant actually offered up a seriously good structural integrity. Regular readers will know this is a category that often disappoints us, but Dream delivered for your humble narrators although our friend Olivia’s wrap did begin to crumble.

P.S. last week’s edition saw lots of complaints from unhappy readers regarding our ratings. To raise any issues with this week’s edition, head down to Will’s debut headline show at Retro with his band Quadzilla where we’ll be happy to respond to any feedback (no this is NOT an excuse for us to advertise the gig, but tickets are available, and you won’t regret it).

Final scores:

Price – £3

Value – 5/5

Taste – 4.5/5

Portion size – 4/5

Structural integrity – 4/5

Proximity – 3.5/5

Vibes – 4/5

Overall – 4/5